Tél. +33(0)4 70 98 21 63
Reopening
Book in direct
Les Nations
Book online
Book online
From :
13/06/2024
Number of nights :
Number of adults :
Compare
Your loyalty is rewarded!
Eearn points, enjoy loyalty benefits and experiences.
Chambre d'hotel Les Nations à Vichy
Our rooms
Exchange
Guest Suite
Rate :
9
/10
"Very pleasant."
"We had a really lovely stay in your hotel. The staff [...]"
lire tout
Follow us

Once upon a time... the Hôtel Les Nations

Hôtel Les Nations The Originals Boutique VICHY is one of the last remaining Napoleon III-era hotels.



When it was built in 1859, the Hôtel du Chalet was a modest 3-storey establishment. But it is best known for having housed one of Emperor Napoleon III's mistresses: Marguerite Bellanger.

In 1863, the Empress came to Vichy for the very first time. Eugénie and Marguerite met during a walk in the park. Marguerite had a little dog who was delighted to see the Emperor again, which made Eugénie furious. After this public humiliation, the Empress never set foot in Vichy again.

During the First World War, the hotel was requisitioned by the Vichy military hospital to become an annex of the latter and to house and care for those wounded at the front.

After the war, work began in 1926, and the Jondet family, owners of the Cécil Hôtel (the hotel's name since 1923) called on Gilbert Brière to completely redo the building, giving it its current appearance. Don't hesitate to take a look at the many details on the façade.

After a few years of respite, the Cécil Hôtel was requisitioned in 1940 to house the Secretariat of State for Information, the Provincial Censorship Department, the Foreign Press Control Department, the American Press Control Department, the Radio Journal, the National Broadcasting Department, the General Administration Department, the Technical Services Department and the "La Voix de la France" programme department.

From 1940 to 1942 Marshal Philippe Pétain came to the Cécil Hôtel to record his radio scoops.

After the war, the hotel changed ownership in 1974 and finally changed its name in 1992 to its current name: L'Hôtel Les Nations.

In 2016, the current owner, Monique PRUNIAUX, bought the hotel and decided to renovate it every winter to make it even warmer and more modern, while retaining the charm of its former glory.

In 2020, the hotel joined The Originals Hotels cooperative and took the name : Hôtel Les Nations The Originals Boutique VICHY.

A team available to perpetuate an authentic and warm welcome!
Reviews & Testimonials
Guest Suite Consult the reviews
Newsletter
Address
Hotel LESNATIONS
INTER-HOTEL
13 Boulevard de Russie
03200 Vichy
Share on :
Follow us :
Union Européenne Qualidog acceuil velo